Relieving Stress and Anxiety
I hope you have read our introductory blog to the “Healthy Mind” Series. Starting up with the 1st Topic – Relieving Stress And Anxiety.
Stress and Anxiety are two of the most important factors that affect a healthy mind. Both the factors aren’t similar but have a kind of similar reactions on your mind in a shorter or immediate term as both have similar symptoms while building up in a person.
Stress is caused due to external forces or actions such as getting stuck in known and common situations like answering a higher executive after deadlines, speaking in front of a crowd, family issues, etc. whereas anxiety builds up when the reason you feel the uneasiness, discomfort is unknown, it’s a feeling that something has happened or will occur and this continues for a longer period of time even after the concern has been removed or resolved thus, anxiety is an internal affecting factor.
In today’s topic, we’ll cover how to relieve stress that we face in our daily life, if you are facing these issues for a longer period it’s time that you consult a therapist or a consultant (it’s fine, you aren’t mad or insane but it’s normal human behaviour that has been build-up due to external reasons or because of facing something regularly or so).
Have you ever been in a situation of high pressure and tension where you feel you aren’t capable of doing the task you need to or you’re not able to talk to people you are even familiar with, it’s the stress that makes you nervous. Some people mistake this with an anxiety attack which is really not good if the person faces, anxiety needs to be considered with proper care and treatment as long-term reactions of this can be worse.
In our daily life situations as mentioned above it’s ok to have a minimal level of stress which keeps us moving, helps us learn various things to get better from people who are better and maintains our competitive strength until this creates a disturbance in our mind and we get in negative thoughts of failure or low confidence.
Some of the people feel symptoms that are listed below that we need to work to have a good mental health and a healthy mind –
- Constant or Regular Headaches.
- Impulsive heartbeats / chest pain.
- Dizziness and insomnia.
- Low self-esteem / confidence.
- Losing sexual desires.
- Getting anti-social / disconnecting from people.
- Cold / cough / infections etc.
These are some of the major symptoms that have been seen. But what matters is how to actually cope up with these and have a better living pattern, a healthy mind and a good mental health.
So, noting down a few things in a random manner that if practised regularly can help you avoid daily stress and promotes growth in your life.
- Practicing Meditation – clears your mind and body of negative and discomforting thoughts, I believe that meditation is a soul purifying activity.
- Exercise – Relieves your body from aches and sustains immunity.
- Talk to old as well as new people – Helps you mind explore & share more new ideas and opportunity, gives an opportunity to share your areas of discomfort with people you feel comfortable.
- Having a ME time – talking to yourself never gets old fashioned, no one understands you, your conditions, feelings, situations better than yourself, have a ME time every day making a point to understand your mistakes and strengths.
- Use Daily Affirmations – “I Can Do it”, “I am the best”, “This is easy for me, I have done this before”, etc needs to said be yourself everyday and anytime you feel stressed.
- Do Not Compare – We have a full blog on this, click here.
- Maintain a journal and spare some hobby time.
- Lower caffeine intake or any addiction you have.
All the above methods have been suggested as per personal experience, please consult your close ones before doing anything said by others. If you feel the symptoms for a longer period of time, consult your doctor.
I hope you like the blog, do share your comments below.
Stay Free, Stay Safe, Stay happy. Keep Your Mind Healthy with all happy thoughts.